Early Childhood Literacy: The National Early Literacy Panel and Beyond
Primary: Early Childhood Literacy: The National Early Literacy Panel and Beyond.pdf - 31,395 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Early Childhood Literacy: The National Early Literacy Panel and Beyond.pdf - 29,666 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Early Childhood Literacy: The National Early Literacy Panel and Beyond.pdf - 49,980 KB/Sec
- Treatment of Language Disorders in Children (CLI)
- The Play's the Thing: Teachers' Roles in Children's Play (Early Childhood Education Series)
- All About Words: Increasing Vocabulary in the Common Core Classroom, Pre K-2 (Common Core State Standards in Literacy Series)
- The Early Intervention Workbook: Essential Practices for Quality Services
- Learning Together with Young Children: A Curriculum Framework for Reflective Teachers
- The Colors of Learning: Integrating the Visual Arts Into the Early Childhood (Early Childhood Education Series)
- Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level
- Beyond Baby Talk: From Speaking to Spelling: A Guide to Language and Literacy Development for Parents and Caregivers
- Developing Early Literacy Report of the National Early Literacy Panel
- Starting Out Right: A Guide to Promoting Children's Reading Success
What are today's best practices in early literacy instruction—and what should schools and programs focus on in the near future? More than 20 of the biggest names in early literacy research explore the answers in this essential volume for program directors, administrators, and curriculum developers.
Using the landmark National Early Literacy Panel (NELP) Report as a starting point, this accessible book breaks the report down into key takeaways, recommends future directions in policy and practice, and tackles emerging issues and new research not addressed in the NELP report.
Readers will get balanced, insightful analyses of the latest research on
- identification of early literacy learning needs
- phonological awareness and print knowledge
- comprehension development
- effective book sharing with young children
- curriculum-based language interventions
- the effect of socio-emotional development on academic outcomes
- pre-K curricula (including which ones show clear evidence of positive effects)
- the role of home and parent programs in children's literacy development
- early literacy intervention for young children with special needs
A critical volume that sets the stage for positive change, this important book is a must for every leader in early education. Readers will come away with a nuanced understanding of key issues and recommended practices—knowledge they'll use to drive their decision-making and strengthen early literacy outcomes for young children.
See how this product helps strengthen Head Start program quality and school readiness.