Book Title: LMS Success: A Step-by-Step Guide to Learning Management System Administration
Publisher: Resources of Fun Learning
Author: Katrina Baker
Intended for training managers and brand-new LMS administrators, LMS Success is full of advice regarding learning management system administration. Technical knowledge is optional! Basic concepts and easy-to-use tips are presented along with activities to help you develop your LMS, e-learning courses, and corporate training program. LMS Success was written by a trainer and LMS administrator, with the help of many learning management aficionados.
- The functions of an LMS.
- Stories and advice from experienced system administrators.
- Training and development resources that save you time and money.
- Activities to help you develop your system.
Learn How to:
- Select and implement an LMS.
- Introduce the system to employees and leadership.
- Assemble and manage a system administrator team.
- Develop effective e-learning course content and deliver virtual classes.
- Handle technical issues, support, and system maintenance.
- Use your learning management system to the fullest extent.
Here are some specific topics discussed in LMS Success:
- Select the best LMS software provider by setting goals for e-learning, asking the right questions, and considering your company’s budget and needs.
- Determine a plan for system implementation. Market your plan to leadership and employees. Build enthusiasm for your learning management system!
- Discover innovative ways to deliver e-learning and present virtual classes. Create interactive courses using simple audio and video production.
- Build an administrator team that has excellent communication and project management skills.
- Involve all company departments in developing course content. Create excitement for training through inter-department competition.
- Purchase e-learning software and discover free training and development resources. (Short reviews are included.)
- Understand basic terms and concepts associated with learning management system administration, including SCORM, AICC, Tin Can API, and more.
- Set goals for technical support. Manage system outages and anticipate common technical issues.
- Discover easy methods to make the LMS more user-friendly and appealing to employees. Motivate managers and employees to spend more time training.
- Use learning management system tools to make administrative tasks, such as data entry, faster and easier.
- Encourage a positive training culture by communicating the system’s successes and developing an innovative, well-structured training program.